Life in the Fly-Over

Friday, August 07, 2009

Sorting Fabric versus John Hughes

So, this week when I should have been sorting my fabric I was watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off and WarGames with my guys. The 11 year old has an appreciation of 80's movies or he pretends to because he knows I will let him stay up and watch them. Am I really dumb enough to believe that a child of the O0's counts Sixteen Candles as one of his favorite movies? Yes, Yes I am.

Which brings me to the news of the loss of John Hughes. Quite a coincidence that we have been watching his films all week (not WarGames, of course) and I had actually looked him up on the internet to see what he was up to now. The films that he produced/directed/wrote took me through junior high and high school. The Breakfast Club was the first R-rated movie that I saw in a theater. My mom took me and I felt very grown-up as I was not 17. The soundtrack for that movie is still among my favorites...or at least the Simple Minds song is.

I could go on for days about the movies that he wrote and how popular they are at our house (over and over again), but alas I must get my work done and sort some fabric! So, John Hughes I salute you. I think I'll pop-in my VHS edition of the Breakfast Club while I sort...

1 Comments:

  • Totally disappointed that there are no Hughes flicks on Hulu, and only "Uncle Buck" can be watched "instantly" on Netflix. *sigh*

    By Blogger Beth, at 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home